Making your own wax
We have been meaning to make our own wax for ages now but we never really got the time to do that. But today we decided to make time, and plus it’s that holiday period right now – wax is needed more than ever. It also saves you a lot of money.
All you need is:
– 4 tablespoons of lemon
– 4 tablespoons of water
– 2 cups of sugar
What you need to do:
1. Place sugar, water and lemon juice in a saucepan
2. Heat it over a low flame
3. Stir the mixture until the sugar has melted
4. Once you think that it is done just drop some wax into a glass of water and if it drops to the bottom and doesn’t spread then you’re ready
5. Now you take your old jeans and cut them into waxing strips
6. You use the ice to close the pores around the wax area
At first we made a mistake and decided to add more lemon juice than the suggested amount [as you do] – so the wax was extremely thin and didn’t really work. But when we did again and followed the instructions correctly – it worked better than we had imagined [but not as good as the wax we buy].
We later learned that honey is meant to be great to use for wax [instead of water] – next time we will definitely try that out.